2/3/11

Buried

 My car got buried in the Great Blizzard of 2011. Believe me, this picture doesn't do justice to the amount of snow surrounding everything.

I had coffee with one of my favorite people on Trinity's campus today and there was much good talk. Then he was AMAZING and we rented shovels from the security office and he helped my dig my car out. 

With all the shoveling, talking, and thinking, I started feeling like I have been buried myself for so long. I've been lost underneath a slew of things: sadness, fear, distance from home and loved ones... the list could go on. So I got to thinking, what do need I need to shovel away to find my wings?

Like so many questions, there is no easy answer. But I can begin. There goes the pain of my loved ones and the suffering that I see. There goes my heart, weighed down by sadness. There goes the stories of a breaking home. I can feel it, but I will not let it bury me. And look....

There are my wings. 

So what's burying you today? Tackle it with a big, strong shovel. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm feeling buried by the enormity of making choices. Perhaps a little buried by fear... However, SO happy to see your art, your creativity again! I'm thinking a little digging has already happened for you... I'm seeing some wings :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Respond!