2/24/11

Maybe

I don't have too much to say today, but I do have art to share.


I started sketching, just a picture of myself in complex lighting, not really sure what it would turn into. As I drew, I looked down and I saw The Art Goddess' face, not mine, and she looked immensely sad.

And I continued. 


Eventually it turned into me. I am rooted in my mother. I carry some of her sadness. And yet I'm separate. I am my own, on my own journey. Even though, most days, it feels like I'm sitting, hugging my knees in the middle of a storm. 

But I think that's okay. 

4 comments:

  1. ugh.....be fair,look all around you,you see love everywhere...long lasting love.Just becauese it doesn't always work out the way we thought it would...doesn't mean it's not still there.But lets be strong enough to weather the storm before we determine there isn't a ray a sunshine still on the horizon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Iron man, I see love everywhere. Part of this journey though is expressing my deepest fears and feelings, while questioning some things. And its a song lyric, that I feel resonated with the expression on the face.
    The future is full of sunshine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I continue to love seeing your artwork...yeah the words are stark and harsh...and yeah you told me it's a lyric...but you know what? I am setting out to prove you wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. Instead of carrying my sadness how about painting it out and away? Acknowledge that it exists, but then put it away from you - in a separate suitcase, until the time is right for you to look at it again. And even then just a glance is all that is necessary... for this is not yours to carry.
    and yeah...you are in me and I am in you...and you know what? There ya go, that's another happy thought!

    ReplyDelete

Respond!